I've been having an issue with Office 365 Active Directory
Synchronisation Tool recently. The requirement was to create a new
distribution group within Active Directory and have that
automatically sync across to Office 365. The issue is that we do not
run an on-premis exchange server. This means that the required
attributes that the Directory Synchronisation tool was looking for
are not populated when creating the distribution group. After a call to
Microsoft support I was informed that the following tags need to populated manually through AdsiEdit before the sync tool will work
pick it up correctly. Lets assume I want to create the distribution
group [email protected], then the required attributes would be
- proxyAddress: This needs to contain the following:
- Obviously replace the email address with the appropriate one that you are trying to create.
- Importantly the SMTP must be upper case. The primary address in the "proxyAddress" attribute must have an upper case "SMTP". Secondary addresses, must be lower case.
- name: this needs to contain the first part of the email address before the @ sign. maintenance
- mail: this needs to be the full required email address. [email protected]
- displayName: This needs to be the display name that you want to appear. Maintenance